Change the Waitress

|
This week I shot my first television role for a new TNT show called Leverage, and I learned the magical formula that keeps the tv industry going: Hurry Up and Wait. 

I arrived at 10 am, and was sent to hair and make-up for an hour. Then I was sent to hang out in my little room in the trailer. For 2 1/2 hours. Then I went over to the set and sat around. For 2 hours. Then I went back to my room, got into costume, went back to the set, did a quick rehearsal of a scene, and mostly sat around for 3 more hours. I had three lines, and they had to be shot outdoors, and the sun was starting to set. "Change the waitress!" someone yelled, and I quickly changed costumes and had a mike put on me. We had one walk-thru of the scene and then they started taping. Tensions were high and there was a lot of pressure to get everything done while there was still light, but I think they got what they needed. 

I'm glad I had the chance to spend some time on set and see how things operate. The series regular actors were really nice and offered to rehearse our scene--not an opportunity you always get!

Here's my little honeywagon:


And here's me in it:


This show is under an AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) contract, not SAG, so I had to join AFTRA as well. I am now fully unionized! 

0 comments: