The yurts, or yuts as we now call them, were just as we remembered. We spent almost the entire first day on site. We did take a brief venture around the property and made a little trek to a coastal trail where we tried to spot the sea lions who woke us up the night before (no luck).
It rained in the afternoon, and we were happy to spend time snugged in the yut with books and naps.
We proved more adventurous the second day, and we took a drive up the coast to Big Sur proper. We stopped for lunch at the popular restaurant Nepenthe, and walked a trail in one of the national parks.
This trip was a powerful reminder that it's good for us to pack up and get out of LA sometimes. I think some camping items shall be on our wish lists this year...we're looking forward to getting out more often!
This post would not be complete unless I mentioned that we did indeed see an otter on our last day. Did I mention that there is a campground near an otter preserve in Big Sur?!? First stop with tent.
0 comments:
Post a Comment