September 28, 2014
Well, Wyatt...
Mama is about 10 days behind on writing your letter this month, which is representative of the state of things around here. I am working around the clock for Create as Folk and Daddy’s work has been keeping him busy, too, so there hasn’t been much time for anything “extra.” I’m looking forward to taking it a little easier soon and having some days set aside for just being your mama and nothing else.
As busy as it’s been, I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to start my day with your little grin. You’re still an early riser, usually waking up between 5-6 am, though we don’t let you get out of bed until 6. Daddy is on duty until the clock strikes 6, and then I come in to get you up and give you breakfast. I definitely have the good end of the deal on that one, because I get your wake-up smiles, which you give out every morning.
Speaking of sleep, you are finally napping pretty well. I thought the day would never come. You’re now doing all of your sleeping in your crib; no more swing or bouncy chair or bassinet. Ok, the occasional nap in Mama’s arms, but she can’t help it.
We started supplementing with formula this month since your weight percentile had plummeted, and now you are packing on the pounds. We just had your 6 month checkup the other day, and you had gained 3.5 pounds in the last month. That’s a lot for a little guy!
The big event this month was a visit from Mimi and Big Daddy. I so love seeing them with you. One of my favorite moments from their trip was a small one. You were all on the sofa, and Mimi was standing you up on her knees playing “bobble baby.” Big Daddy was stretched out watching you two play together, and he just kind of absent-mindedly pet your leg like you were a kitty. It was just simple and sweet and I wanted to freeze that moment. All of you were so happy to just enjoy each others’ company.
When Big Daddy first got here, he held out his hand you he could shake hands with you, and you reached both hands out to grab his hand. We had a laugh over that.
We started baby sign language with you this month. I can’t wait until that clicks and you can sign back to us.
Some things I want to remember about you now:
How you gleefully bounce in your jumperoo
How you turn pages of your board books (with two hands and great effort)
Your wildly kicking feet in the bathtub
How you rest your head on my shoulder when you’re tired
How you fall over to one side after sitting up for a few seconds
The pleased look on your face after you sneeze
The smell of your hair after a bath
The thump-thump-thump of your feet kicking the floor
Wyatt, one of my goals right now is to try to be half as happy as you are. It’s not that I’m unhappy, but seeing you take joy in little things all day long makes me want to do the same.
You are sleeping just in the next room right now, and I miss you. Can’t wait to see that morning grin.
Love,
Mama
0 comments:
Post a Comment