Epic War Movie

|

Spontaneous Productions had another great show this weekend in the theme of Epic War Movie. We improvised a 30 minute "movie" based on The Patriot while incorporating some audience suggestions. Instead of fighting for freedom, we fought for the right to snowboard, and the town was filled with psychic advisors. (It's amazing how one drunk audience member in a pink mini-skirt can  can shape the show.)

There was also a sketch about The Constitution's birthday party. In attendance: Lady Liberty, Magna Carta, Kyoto Protocol, Bible, and Mayflower Compact. 

I've been asked to join the production committee of Spontaneous Productions, which means I'll help with the work it takes (in addition to  rehearsals) to get a show up and going, and I'll also  have a hand in making decisions about future creative projects. I'm glad to be on board. 

Next month's show: Black and White Classic. Don your fedora and light a cigarette; it's going to be a good one, baby. 

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I was suddenly moved by the second picture - Miss Liberty - is that a shroud once worn to Junior/Senior Ball?! That would make me a happiness. Break out the Rumplestiltskin pants next! I wish I could see the upcoming show - "Here's looking at you, kid."

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is the shroud!