You may have heard about our little quake yesterday. It was a 5.4 that originated 29 miles southeast of downtown LA. This was the first one I've noticed. Apparently I've slept through one and not felt others. Felt this one! I was at the gym on the elliptical machine when it struck, and at first I didn't feel it, but I heard the building moan like it was settling. The TVs above the cardio equipment were swaying and in a few minutes the people from the building next door came spilling out into the street. This being Los Angeles, people in the gym just stayed on their treadmills and rode it out. Zach was in the car at a stoplight and said that when the light turned green, nobody moved because the ground was still rumbling.
I'm glad I got to experience a little one, but hope that's it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment