Seven City Tour: Florence

|
Stop 6: Florence. The Granthams.

Since Sally couldn't make it to Greenville for a full roomie reunion, we made a one night stop in Florence to visit with her and Wayne and William. When we got there, William immediately gave me a tour of his new outdoor playhouse, and Zach went bezerk playing with Barley, the resident golden retriever. The five of us went out for dinner, and William was a real trooper sitting in his chair while the grown-ups ate their too-long-for-a-toddler meal. It helped that his mamma got him a cookie!


Wayne and Zach took William home for a bath and bed, which gave Sally and me some time to catch up. When we got back to the house, Zach and Wayne were engrossed in a video game, and Sal and I looked through her extensive foreign study scrapbooks and had some good laughs. We stayed up into the wee hours "giggling, talking, and telling stories," as we are wont to do. The morning brought more video games for the boys, and lots of good playtime with William for me. He is ticklish, so I would tickle his foot and he would laugh hysterically and squirm away. Then he would inch back over so I would do it again. Then he went after my feet, and I would laugh and carry on. We had a good time. He also conquered Uncle Zach's suitcase. 


It was a short visit, but a good one. Zach had a great time hanging out with Wayne, and of course I love any chance to see the roomies and the nephews. 

0 comments: