It was a rainy, foggy day, and we relied on a Toblerone bar and David Sedaris audio book to get us through the drive to Greenville. We did pass through some gorgeous country, and drove through some small towns that I had been past, but never through. I love these pictures from a stop we made. You can just see the moisture in the air.
Rebecca joined us in Greenville so we could all have some roomie time, and we got to have a quick visit with Vonda's mom, Mama Spalding, as well. After Max went to bed, the roomies went out for dinner and a drink!
We are content to sit around in our jammies just talk, which we did plenty of, but we also managed a visit to Furman to see some of the renovations and new buildings. Ah, Furman.
Our second night there, the Richards took us out for a fun dinner at a place downtown for tapas and drinks. I had been feeling like I was subsisting on mostly cheese for the past few days and had vowed to eat a salad for dinner, but when the fried goat cheese and gourmet mac and cheese arrived at the table, au revoir salad! If that wasn't enough decadence, we shared a bottle of wine and then had ice cream at a cafe across the street. Delicioso!
0 comments:
Post a Comment