The Bridge Abridged

|
I'm not quite sure why, but I really wanted to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. I knew it was close to Battery Park, so I started walking in that direction. I came upon the South Street Seaport where I had been on my last visit. The bridge was near! I would just walk to the base and then go across.


Not that easy. I underestimated how enormous the bridge is, and the on-ramp is actually blocks and blocks back into the city. More walking. Starting to regret the sandals. But I made it.


The pedestrian bridge is above where the cars go.



Brooklyn

When I finally made it to Brooklyn, I happened upon a TKTS booth and picked up a ticket for Billy Elliot. I HopStopped it to Times Square where I had a tasty vegetarian dinner at Zen Palate.



I rested my barking dogs for a few, then went up the block to see Billy Elliot. My mini-review: it's a great show if you want to see dancing. Not so hot on the acting, music is just ok. But the dancing is electric! And it's got a lot of humor, too.

So:
brunch
poo
Battery Park
Staten Island Ferry
Brooklyn Bridge
Zen Palate
Billy Elliot

I'd call it a full day. Me and my blisters spent another night in Astoria with Michelle. I knew that I'd be visiting some friends out of the city the next day, but I had no idea what we would stumble upon..

0 comments: