This year on Father's Day, Dad sent Christina and me a gift. Each of us got a check with specific instructions. Mine were to use the money for my personal pleasure. Of course I was tempted to doing something practical like put in into savings. As smart as that sounded, it did not seem pleasurable. I thought about new clothes or taking some kind of class. What really sounded pleasurable was getting out of LA for bit. New scenery, old friends. Voila! New York.
Checking baggage did not sound pleasurable. I endeavored to pack everything into a backpack and purse for my 5 day trip. As it was August, and not, say, January, I was able to do this with room to spare. Mom wanted to know what on Earth I packed, so here 'tis:
1 pair sandals
1 pair jeans
1 dress
1 skirt
1 over shirt
6 tank tops
2 scarves
undies
jewelry
Next time, I'm bringing one more pair of shoes :)
My first night there, I met up with Jenn, a friend from grad school. We had dinner at a dynamite vegetarian restaurant near Union Square.
Jenn & my trusty backpack
Then I joined my friend Michelle and some of her friends at a secret bar on Restaurant Row. It's a secret because there is no sign or advertisement for it--you just have to know it's there. The place is small and cozy; you'd think it was someone's apartment if you didn't know better. Sean Hayes knows better, and he sat at the table across from us.
0 comments:
Post a Comment